Letter case 1 of 8
the year 2209 written out in: lowercase
all lowercase letters:
the year twenty-two oh nine
~ or ~
the year twenty-two hundred and nine
Letter case 2 of 8
THE YEAR 2209 SPELLED OUT IN: UPPERCASE
ALL UPPERCASE LETTERS:
THE YEAR TWENTY-TWO OH NINE
~ or ~
THE YEAR TWENTY-TWO HUNDRED AND NINE
Letter case 3 of 8
The Year 2209 Converted to: Title Case
Capital Letters at the Beginning of Words:
The Year Twenty-Two Oh nine
~ or ~
The Year Twenty-Two Hundred and nine
Letter case 4 of 8
The year 2209: Sentence case
Capital letter to start the sentence:
The year Twenty-two oh nine
~ or ~
The year Twenty-two hundred and nine
The year 2209 written out in: 'lowercase', 'UPPERCASE', 'Title Case', 'Sentence case', 'Start Case', 'camelCase', 'hyphen-case' and 'snake_case'.
Notes on Letter Cases used to write out in words the number above:
1: Lowercase: only lowercase letters are used. Example: 'seventy-six and two tenths'.
2: Uppercase: only uppercase letters are used. Example: 'SEVENTY-SIX AND TWO TENTHS'.
3. Title Case: first letter of each word is capitalized, except for certain short words, such as articles, conjunctions and short prepositions, 'a', 'an', 'the', 'and', 'but', 'for', 'at', 'by', 'to', 'or', 'in', etc. Example: 'Seventy-Six and Two Tenths'.
4. Sentence case: only the first letter of the first word is capitalized. Example: 'Seventy-six and two tenths'.
5. Start Case: first letter of each word is capitalized without exception. Example: 'Seventy-Six And Two Tenths'.
6. Camel Case: text has no spaces nor punctuation and first letter of each word is capitalized except for the very first letter in the series. Example: 'seventySixAndTwoTenths'.
Pascal Case: See the Camel Case above, but the first letter is also capitalized. Example: 'SeventySixAndTwoTenths'.
7. Hyphen Case: text has no spaces nor punctuation and the words are delimited by hyphen. Example: 'seventy-six-and-two-tenths'. Hyphen Case can be lowercase or uppercase.
8. Snake Case: text has no spaces nor punctuation and the words are delimited by underscore. Example: 'seventy_six_and_two_tenths'. Snake Case can be lowercase or uppercase.
Notes on Writing Out Numbers and Years:
1: It's correct to hyphenate all compound numbers from 'twenty-one' (21) through 'ninety-nine' (99). The hyphen is the minus sign, as in 'thirty-four' (34).
2: In American English, unlike British English, when writing out years of three or more digits, the word 'and' is not used after 'hundred' or 'thousand'; i.e. 963 is written out as 'nine sixty-three' (American English) and not as 'nine hundred and sixty-three' (British English); 2025 is 'two thousand twenty-five' (American English) and not 'two thousand and twenty-five' (British English).
3. Up to 1999 the years are spoken as hundreds, but for shortening, the words 'hundred and' are omitted: i. e. 1999 = 'nineteen (hundred and) ninety-nine' = 'nineteen ninety-nine'.
4. After the year 2000 the years are spoken as normal numbers, but for shortening, in colloquial language, the years are pronounced in groups of two: i. e. 2000 = 'two thousand'; 2001 = 'two thousand (and) one', but also 'twenty oh one'.
5. Do not use commas when writing out in words numbers above 999; i.e. 1234 is "twelve thirty-four" and not "twelve, thirty-four".
6. Do not use commas when writing in digits years above 999; i.e. it is 1234; 1973, 2021, and not 1,234; 1,973, 2,021.